Ikaria Honey

Wonderful honey happens here!

Blue Zone Honey

Honey from Ikaria contains anti-cancer, anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties and is eaten often says Dan Beuttner, author of Blue Zones and The Secrets to Living a Long Life.

Buettner contends that people can look and feel better at every age and add 12 years to their life expectancy. A 1999 study of Danish Twins, published in the Journal of Aging and Health established that less than 25% of how long the average person lives is dictated by genes. The remaining 75% is most likely due to "nonfamilial environment." What does that mean? It means how long and how well you live is really up to you.

In 2004, Dan Buettner teamed up with National Geographic and hired the world's best longevity researchers to identify pockets around the world where people lived measurably better. Not only do people in these "Blue Zones" reach age 100 at rates 10 times greater than in the United States, they live more actively, have significantly less dementia and disease and live more happy and content lives.

In 2009, sponsored by BBC, National Geographic, and AARP, Beuttner brought a research team of doctors and scientists to the island of Ikaria to find why the Ikarians live so long. He came away naming Ikaria as one of the 5 "Blue Zones" in the world for longevity.

Dan Buettner is a New York Times Best Selling author. Buettner has been on Oprah, ABC's Good Morning America, and his books: Blue Zones, Lessons for Living Longer from the People Who've Lived the Longest and Thrive, Find Happiness the Blue Zones Way have been quoted by Dr. Oz as "a must read" and by Dr. Gupta as "one of the most engaging and important stories you'll ever read."